African Caribbean Centre
Originally used as an Infant Milk Depot and shop, ICDP were commissioned to design a replacement shop front the African and Caribbean Network (ACN). The unit sits in the corner of the Southblock warehouse originally designed by John McKissack & Son in 1902. The works entailed replacement of the dilapidated timber shop front with associated external repairs, new windows and enabling works. This scheme involved working closely with the Merchant City Townscape Heritage Initiative (MCTHI), whom were providing grant funding, and the client to provide a public face to the organisation.The second phase of the project entails the fit-out of the building to form a cultural centre and café.