This Category B listed, two storey detached Victorian dwelling sits on a half acre of land and is located within the Glasgow West Conservation Area.

Built circa 1864, it was formerly a family home with a detached secondary structure to its rear, originally built to be used as stables, The client appointed ICDP to carry out architectural services to develop both buildings into a luxurious 4 bedroom family home to a high quality finish.

The fabric of the building has been repaired both internally and externally with substantial stone repairs and the existing east-side of the main property was demolished to form an open plan dining / kitchen area as the “hub” of the home. ICDP sought to retain the original character of the building while incorporating elements such as the new copper clad glazed screen and sophisticated home technology systems to successfully marry modern design with the traditional features.

Private House

Glasgow

Front & Side Elevations
Front & Side Elevations
press to zoom
View from garden
View from garden
press to zoom
Kitchen
Kitchen
press to zoom
New stair detail
New stair detail
press to zoom
Rear patio view
Rear patio view
press to zoom