‘The Pass’ is a three storey period country house built in 1905, situated in Queen Elizabeth Forest Park on a hilltop overlooking Loch Ard with fine views over to Ben Lomond and the peaks of the Trossachs. The property sits within 4.5 acres of wooded garden grounds and is located 1.8 miles west of Aberfoyle.
The Category B-Listed Edwardian villa is currently in the process of being restored and upgraded to meet the demands of modern living, whilst retaining the original character of the house by refurbishing many original and traditional features. For example, specialist sash and case windows to the exact profile of the original frames were manufactured using narrow double-glazing with float glass to both restore the building to its previous grandeur, while increasing thermal efficiency to meet today’s standards. The restoration has included complete re-roofing with slate, structural reinforcement, full rewiring of the electrical system, increased insulation to improve thermal performance and an under-floor heating system throughout the building. The refurbishment of the interior will include specialist ornate plasterwork reproduced from original mouldings, and high quality fixtures and fittings based on contemporary reproductions of Edwardian design, arranged by ICDP’s in house interior designer.
ICDP’s objective at The Pass was to create an exemplar restoration project using traditional & contemporary techniques to satisfy modern living requirements while retaining the original character and grandeur of this impressive house.
Restoration of The Pass